1. Abedzadeh, M., & Barghi Moghadam, J. (2013). The effects of balance training on depression and quality of life in Parkinson's patients. Sport Psychology Review, 2(4), 57-68. (In Persian)
2. Aghdasi, M. T., Vazini Taher, A., PakZamir, F., & Rahmani, M. (2013). Improvement in the quality of life between older adult men with dementia through multi-sensory stimulation and group yoga exercise. Sport Psychology Review, 2(4), 1-12. (In Persian)
3. Anderzén-Carlsson, A., Persson Lundholm, U., Köhn, M., & Westerdahl, E. (2014). Medical yoga: Another way of being in the world—A phenomenological study from the perspective of persons suffering from stress-related symptoms. International journal of qualitative studies on health and well-being, 9(1), 23033.
4. Asadi, M.H., Barati, F., Bahmani, B., & Sayyah, M. (2002). A survey of general health and self-esteem of athlete students participating in the 2nd Olympiad of Sport Sciences of Iran's Medical Sciences Universities. 11(1), 0-43. (In Persian)
5. Aslankhani, M.A., Farrokhi, A., Shamsipour Dehkordi, P., & Ghasemian Moghadam, MR. (2010). Relationship between personality traits and severity of depression symptoms in elderly active and passive women in Tehran. Iranian aging Journal, 5 (2), 53-46. (In Persian)
6. Biroukov AA. Massage therapy. Moscow. Russia: Academic Publication; 2004. p. 360.
7. Bowman, A. J., Clayton, R. H., Murray, A., Reed, J. W., Subhan, M. M. F., & Ford, G. A. (1997). Effects of aerobic exercise training and yoga on the baroreflex in healthy elderly persons. European journal of clinical investigation, 27(5), 443-449.
8. Büssing, A., Michalsen, A., Khalsa, S. B. S., Telles, S., & Sherman, K. J. (2012). Effects of yoga on mental and physical health: a short summary of reviews. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, 2012.
9. Dehghanfara, H., Alicheshmealaeeb, M., & Noorbakhshc, M. (2014). The effect of yoga training on stress and self-esteem and its relation to emotional intelligence. Journal of Research in Applied Sciences, 1(5), 109-112. (In Persian)
10. Deshpande, S., Nagendra, H. R., & Nagarathna, R. (2009). A randomized control trial of the effect of yoga on Gunas (personality) and Self-esteem in normal healthy volunteers. International journal of yoga, 2(1), 13.
11. Devi, N. S., Devi, N. J., & Bilagi, A. S. (2015). Efficacy of yoga on self-esteem and depression of women labourers. Int J Recent Sci Res, 6(12), 7968-71.
12. Garret G. (1987). Health Needs of the Elderly. 2nd Ed. New York: MC Millan.
13. Ghafari, F., Fotokian, Z., & Mazloum, S. R. (2006). The effect of regular group exercise on nursing students' self-esteem. Journal of Babol University of Medical Sciences, 9(1), 52-7.
14. Ghasemi, G.H., Zolaktaf, V., Sadeghi, M., & Tahamasebi, S. (2014). The effect of eight weeks of massage therapy on quality of life in women with multiple sclerosis. J Res Rehabil Sci, 10(5), 610-618. (In Persian)
15. Ghaseminejad, A., & Nourbakhsh, M., (2008). The effect of yoga training on depression in non-athlete women over 40 years of the Ahvaz Oil Industry. Journal of Motion, 35, 5-20. (In Persian)
16. Gnatta, J. R., Piason, P. P., Lopes, C. D. L. B. C., Rogenski, N. M. B., & Silva, M. J. P. D. (2014). Aromatherapy with ylang ylang for anxiety and self-esteem: a pilot study. Revista da Escola de Enfermagem da USP, 48(3), 492-499.
17. Goldstein, M. R., Lewis, G. F., Newman, R., Brown, J. M., Bobashev, G., Kilpatrick, L., ... & Meleth, S. (2016). Improvements in well-being and vagal tone following a yogic breathing-based life skills workshop in young adults: Two open-trial pilot studies. International journal of yoga, 9(1), 20.
18. Golec de Zavala, A., Lantos, D., & Bowden, D. (2017). Yoga poses increase subjective energy and state self-esteem in comparison to ‘power poses’. Frontiers in psychology, 8, 752.
19. Haeffel, G. J., Abramson, L. Y., Brazy, P. C., Shah, J. Y., Teachman, B. A., & Nosek, B. A. (2007). Explicit and implicit cognition: A preliminary test of a dual-process theory of cognitive vulnerability to depression. Behaviour research and therapy, 45(6), 1155-1167.
20. Hemmati, M. M., Musavi, M., & Sheykhi, S. (2013). The effect of reminiscence therapy on the self-esteem among residents of a nursing home in Uromie. (In Persian)
21. Hosseini, S.A, Ghasemi, Gh.A, Mardanshah, M. (2015). Effect of Six Week Massage Therapy on Depression and Quality of Life in Depressed Women. Research in Rehabilitation Sciences, 11(2), 115-112. (In Persian)
22. Jafari, S., & Rahmanian, Z. (2013). Effectiveness of aerobic exercise on reducing dysphoric mood of persons with irritable bowel syndrome. Sport Psychology Review, 2(3), 63-72.
23. Jaspers, L., Daan, N. M., Van Dijk, G. M., Gazibara, T., Muka, T., Wen, K. X., ... & Laan, E. (2015). Health in middle-aged and elderly women: a conceptual framework for healthy menopause. Maturitas, 81(1), 93-98.
24. Javanbakht, M., Hejazi kenari, R., & Ghasemi M. (2009). The effect of yoga on women's depression and anxiety, complementary therapies in clinical practice, 15(2), 104-102. (In Persian)
25. Kiecolt-Glaser, J. K., Christian, L., Preston, H., Houts, C. R., Malarkey, W. B., Emery, C. F., & Glaser, R. (2010). Stress, inflammation, and yoga practice. Psychosomatic medicine, 72(2), 113.
26. Kim, J. H., Hyun, H. J., Kang, S. Y., Nam, H. R., Shin, M. J., Lee, H. J., & Chae, Y. R. (2016). Effects of Hand Massage with Nail Art on Depression, Self-esteem, and Vital signs of Elderly Women living in a Nursing Home. Journal of Korean Biological Nursing Science, 18(3), 169-175.
27. Kok, B. E., Coffey, K. A., Cohn, M. A., Catalino, L. I., Vacharkulksemsuk, T., Algoe, S. B., ... & Fredrickson, B. L. (2013). How positive emotions build physical health: Perceived positive social connections account for the upward spiral between positive emotions and vagal tone. Psychological science, 24(7), 1123-1132.
28. Lee, J. E., Lee, Y. W., & Kim, H. S. (2011). Effects of aroma hand massage on the stress response and sleep of elderly inpatients. Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing, 18(4), 480-487.
29. Li, N., Chen, G., Zeng, P., Pang, J., Gong, H., Han, Y., ... & Zheng, X. (2016). Prevalence of depression and its associated factors among Chinese elderly people: a comparison study between community-based population and hospitalized population. Psychiatry research, 243, 87-91.
30. Mirhadi Ma-S, Bahrami A, Noorbakhsh M. The Effect of yoga on Self-Efficacy and self-esteem and the risk of falling among Elderly People in the city of Karaj. 2nd National Conference on Physical Education and Sports, Chabahar, Chabahar International University. (In Persian)
31. Mummery, W. K., Caperchione, C. M., & Schofield, G. M. (2003). Dose-response Effects Of Physical Activity On Mental Health Status In Older Adults. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise, 35(5), S215.
32. Nabavi, S. H., Alipour, F., Hejazi, A., & Rashedi, V. (2014). Relationship between social support and mental health in older adults. medical journal of mashhad university of medical sciences, 57(7), 841-846. (In Persian)
33. Nagarathna, R. (1985). Yoga for bronchial asthma. British medical journal (Clinical research ed.), 291(6507), 1507.
34. Nejati, V. (2009). Assessing the health status of elderly people in the province of Qom (2007). The Journal of Qazvin University of Medical Sciences, 13(1), 67-73.
35. Netz, Y., Wu, M. J., Becker, B. J., & Tenenbaum, G. (2005). Physical activity and psychological well-being in advanced age: a meta-analysis of intervention studies. Psychology and aging, 20(2), 272.
36. Porges, S. W., Doussard‐Roosevelt, J. A., & Maiti, A. K. (1994). Vagal tone and the physiological regulation of emotion. Monographs of the society for research in child development, 59(2‐3), 167-186.
37. Porter, L. S., Porter, B. O., McCoy, V., Bango-Sanchez, V., Kissel, B., Williams, M., & Nunnewar, S. (2015). Blended Infant Massage–Parenting Enhancement Program on Recovering Substance-Abusing Mothers' Parenting Stress, Self-Esteem, Depression, Maternal Attachment, and Mother-Infant Interaction. Asian nursing research, 9(4), 318-327.
38. Powell, L., Gilchrist, M., & Stapley, J. (2008). A journey of self‐discovery: an intervention involving massage, yoga and relaxation for children with emotional and behavioural difficulties attending primary schools. European Journal of Special Needs Education, 23(4), 403-412.
39. Ramanathan, M., Bhavanani, A. B., & Trakroo, M. (2017). Effect of a 12-week yoga therapy program on mental health status in elderly women inmates of a hospice. International journal of yoga, 10(1), 24.
40. Rho, K. H., Han, S. H., Kim, K. S., & Lee, M. S. (2006). Effects of aromatherapy massage on anxiety and self-esteem in Korean elderly women: a pilot study. International Journal of Neuroscience, 116(12), 1447-1455.
41. Risch, A. K., Buba, A., Birk, U., Morina, N., Steffens, M. C., & Stangier, U. (2010). Implicit self-esteem in recurrently depressed patients. Journal of Behavior Therapy and Experimental Psychiatry, 41(3), 199-206.
42. Rizwan, M., & Ahmad, R. (2015). Self-esteem deficits among psychiatric patients. Sage Open, 5(2), 2158244015581649.
43. Robins, R. W., Trzesniewski, K. H., Tracy, J. L., Gosling, S. D., & Potter, J. (2002). Global self-esteem across the life span. Psychology and aging, 17(3), 423.
44. Roohbakhsh Ejtemaie, M., Aeini, M., & Sobhi GharaMaleki, N. (2019). Effectiveness of Aerobic Exercise on Stress, Anxiety and Depression in Children with Intractable Behavioral Disorders. Journal of Sport Psychology Studies, 7(26), 61-67.
45. Saduk, B., & Saduk, v. (2007). Clinical Psychiatry Clinical Psychology (Translate f. Razzie). Tehran: Arjmand Publications. (Original release date, 2007).
46. Saldanha, D. (2005). Kaplan and Sadock's Comprehensive Text Book of Psychiatry. Medical Journal, Armed Forces India, 61(3), 302-312.
47. Seib, C., Anderson, D., Lee, K., & Humphreys, J. (2013). Predictors of mental health in post-menopausal women: Results from the Australian healthy aging of women study. Maturitas, 76(4), 377-383.
48. Shahbazzadgan, B., Frmanbr, R., Ghanbari, A., Atrkar, Z., & Adib, M. (2009). The effect of regular exercise on self-esteem in elderly residents in nursing homes. J Ardabil Univ Med Sci, 4(8), 387-393.
49. Shahbazi, M., Mirkhani, M., Hatamizadeh, N., and Passenger, M. (2007). Assessment of disability in the elderly in Tehran (2007). Salmand Scientific Journal, 3(3), 92-84. (In Persian)
50. Shahrjerdi, Sh., & Darvish Shafighi, S. (2013). Effect of massage on serum cortisol levels, quality of life and mental health in women with breast cancer. AMUJ, 16(78), 8-17. (In Persian)
51. Sharifi, G.H., Tabatabai, S.H., Babaei, AR. & Tollabi, M. (2015). The effect of eight weeks of yoga practice on respiratory indices and heart rate in non-athlete women. Two-monthly scientific journal of Yazd School of Public Health, 14(2), 87-69. (In Persian)
52. Shojaeddin, S.S., Jamshidi, A., Ghaffari, A. (2009). The effect of massage on knee thinning muscle fatigue due to isoquintic contractions under the maximum. Journal of Motion Exercise and Sports, 7(13), 11-22. (In Persian)
53. Torab Mostaedy, M., & Saatchian, V. (2018). Effectiveness of The Activities of The School's Sport Association on The Quality of Life and Self-Esteem of Female Students with Visual Impairments. Journal of Sport Psychology Studies7(25), 149-160. (In Persian),
54. Younesian, A., Kalalian Moghadam, H., and M. Mohammadi, M. (2007). Design of aerobic training model in water and its role in depression improvement. Journal of Knowledge and Health, 2(2), 22-17. (In Persian)
55. Yurtkuran, M., Alp, A., & Dilek, K. (2007). A modified yoga-based exercise program in hemodialysis patients: a randomized controlled study. Complementary therapies in medicine, 15(3), 164-171.
56. Villien, F., Yu, M., Barthélémy, P., & Jammes, Y. (2005). Training to yoga respiration selectively increases 57. respiratory sensation in healthy man. Respiratory physiology & neurobiology, 146(1), 85-96.
57. World Health Organization. (2013). Definition of an older or elderly person: proposed working definition of an older person in Africa for the MDS Project. Retrieved from http://www. who. int/healthinfo/survey/ageingdefnolder/en/index. html [accessed 2012-11-03] [WebCite Cache].