1. Agha baba, A., Nabilpoor, M., & Mosavi, A. (2019) Investigating the Implicit and Explicit Attitudes of Iranian Athletic Students Towards Doping Drugs and Supplements, Sport Psychology Studies, in press
2. Aguilar-Navarro, M., Muñoz-Guerra, J., Del Mar Plata, M., Del Coso, J. (2019). Analysis of doping control test results in individual and team sports from 2003 to 2015. Journal of Sport and Health Science, 89(4), 1-10.
3. Aguilar-Navarro, M., Salinero, J. J., Muñoz-Guerra, J., Plata, M. D. M., Del Coso, J. (2020). Sport-specific use of doping substances: World Anti-Doping Agency analysis of doping control tests between 2014 and 2017. Substance use and misuse.
4. Ahmadiyan, M., Aslankhani, M.A., Asghari, M. (2017). Level of mental fitness and tendency to doping in athletes. Contemporary Psychology, 6, 96-101. Persian
5. Alexander, ES., Onwuegbuzie, AJ. (2007). Academic procrastination and the role of hope as a coping strategy. Personality and Individual Differences, 42, 1301 -1310.
6. Alter, A. L., & Forgas, J. P. (2007). On being happy but fearing failure: The effects of mood on self-handicapping strategies. Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, 43(6), 947-954.
7. Anderman, E. M., Griesinger, T., & Westerfield, G. (1998). Motivation and cheating during early adolescence. Journal of Educational Psychology, 90(1), 84.
8. Asaran, M., Tatari, M., Seyedmoharami, I. (2017). The relationship between self-efficacy and disappointment in elementary school students: a pilot study. Tanin Salamat Magazine, 5(2), 49-55. Persian
9. Barkoukis, V., Brooke, L., Ntoumanis, N., Smith, B., & Gucciardi, D. F. (2019). The role of the athletes’ entourage on attitudes to doping. Journal of Sports Sciences, 1–9
10. Barkoukis, V., Lazuras, L., Tsorbatzoudis, H., Rodafinos, A. (2011). Motivational and sportspersonship profiles of elite athletes in relation to doping behavior. Psychology of sport and exercise, 12(3), 205-212.
11. Berglas, S., Jones, E. E. (1978). Drug choice as a self-handicapping strategy in response to noncontingent success. Journal of personality and social psychology, 36(4), 405.
12. Bloodworth, A., McNamee, M. (2010). Clean Olympians? Doping and anti-doping: The views of talented young British athletes. International journal of drug policy, 21(4), 276-282.
13. Chan, D. K. C., Tang, T. C., Gucciardi, D. F., Ntoumanis, N., Dimmock, J. A., Donovan, R. J., ... & Hagger, M. S. (2020). Psychological and behavioural factors of unintentional doping: A preliminary systematic review. International Journal of Sport and Exercise Psychology, 18(3), 273-295.
14. Coudevylle, G., Sinnapah, S., Cairo, E., Charles-Charlery, C., Hue, O., Gernigon, C. (2018). Impact of claimed self-handicapping on cohesion and perceived collective efficacy in basketball. International Journal of Sport Psychology, 13(4), 249-275.
15. Elizabeth, SA., Anthony, J. (2007). Academic procrastination and the role of hope as a coping strategy. Personality and Individual Differences, 42, 1301–1310.
16. Eslami, M. A., Azadi, y., Gharaghiyan Zandi, H., Emadiyan, Z. (2018). Relationship between optimism and self-efficacy with athletic achievement motivation in physical education students. Quarterly of Counseling Culture and Psychotherapy, 8(32), 111-132. Persian
17. Halabchi, F. (2007). Doping in athletes. Bahar Magazine, 10(1), 1-12. Persian
18. Horcajo, J., Santos, D., Guyer, J. J., & Mateos, R. (2020). A meta-cognitive approach to doping in sports: The effects of thought validation on attitudes related to doping. Journal of Sports Sciences, 38(19): 2242-2252
19. Hoseyni, A., Salimi, H., Isazadegan, A. (2013). The effect of hope-promoting cognitive education on reducing the academic disability of male students of boarding schools in Buchan city in the academic year of 2011-2012. Journal of Educational Psychology Studies, 10(18), 83-102. Persian
20. Hurst, P., Kavussanu, M., Boardley, I., Ring, C. (2019). Sport supplement use predicts doping attitudes and likelihood via sport supplement beliefs. Journal of sports sciences, 10, 1-7.
21. Hurst, P., Ring, C., & Kavussanu, M. (2020). An evaluation of UK athletics’ clean sport programme in preventing doping in junior elite athletes. Performance Enhancement & Health, 7(3-4), 100-155.
22. Kargarfard, M., Kashi, A., Sarlak, Z. (2009). Prevalence of energy consumption and level of awareness of their effects and side effects in athletes in Lorestan province. Principles of mental health, 11(2), 123-134. Persian
23. Kolditz, T.A., Arkin, R.M. (1982). An impression management interpretation of the self-handicapping strategy. Psychologys, 43(3), 492.
24. Konstantinidis, K., & Panagiotopoulos, D. (2020). The Judgment of Sport Jurisdiction Bodies on Doping Cases. Kutafin University Law Review, 7(1), 96-107.
25. Mahbod, M., Yousefi, F. (2017). Investigating the relationship between metacognition and self-disability with mediation of general self-efficacy. cognitive strategies in learning, 5(8), 39-59. Persian
26. Martin, K.A., Brawley, L.R. (2002). Self-handicapping in physical achievement settings: The contributions of self-esteem and self-efficacy. Self-Identity, 1(4), 337-351.
27. Marvelous, C., Dona, A., Stefanidou, M., Spiliopoulou, C. (2005). Adverse effects of anabolic steroids in athletes: A constant threat. Toxicology Letters, 158, 167–175.
28. Mehrabi, GH., Razaghi, M.E., Eydi, H. (2015). Analysis of factors affecting athletes' tendency to use drugs after quitting sports. New approaches in sports management, 3(8), 49-60. Persian
29. Najarian, Bahman. Hashemi Sheikh Shabani, Seyed Ismail (2005) A Study of the Relationship of Some Important Prerequisites Related to Academic Disability and Its Relationship with Selected Outcomes in First Year High School Boys in Ahvaz, Journal of Educational Sciences and Psychology, Volume 12, Number 3, pp. 100-77
30. Morente-Sanchez, J., & Zabala, M. (2013). Doping in sport: A review of elite athletes’ attitudes, beliefs, and knowledge. Sports Medicine, 43(6), 395–411
31. Morente-Sánchez, J., Zandonai, T., Díaz, MZ. (2019). Attitudes, beliefs and knowledge related to doping in different categories of football players. Journal of science and medicine in sport, 22(9), 981-986.
32. Mottram Dr. (2003). “Drugs in sport. 3rd ed”. London: routledge.
33. Nigar, P., Derman, M.T., Sadoglu, O. (2010). The levels of anxiety and hopelessness of primary education children with speech disorders and of their parents. Element Educat Online, 9(1), 23-30.
34. Ommundsen, Y. (2004). Self-handicapping related to task and performance-approach and avoidance goals in physical education. Applied sport psychology, 16(2), 183-197.
35. Petróczi, A. (2007). Attitudes and doping: a structural equation analysis of the relationship between athletes' attitudes, sport orientation and doping behavior. Substance abuse treatment, prevention, and policy, 2(1), 34.
36. Pielke, R. (2018). Assessing doping prevalence is possible. So what are we waiting for? Sports Medicine, 48(1), 207–209
37. Rand, K.L., Martin, A.D., Shea, A.M. (2011). Hope, but not optimism, predicts academic performance of law students beyond previous academic achievement. Journal of Research in Personality, 45(6), 683-686.
38. Ring, C., Kavussanu, M., & Gürpinar, B. (2020). Basic values predict doping likelihood. Journal of Sports Sciences, 38(4): 357-365
39. Ring C., Kavussanu, M., Gürpınar, B., Whitehead, J., & Mortimer, H. (2020). Basic values predict unethical behavior in sport: the case of athletes’ doping likelihood. Ethics & Behavior, Published online: 1-9.
40. Setayesh Azhari, M., MirNasab, M., Mohebbi, M. (2017). Relationship between hope and academic achievement with the mediating role of academic procrastination in students. Scientific Research Journal of Education and Evaluation, 37, 125-142. Persian
41. Shahbazi M, Choubineh S, & Ezzati R. (2020). Psychological Pathology and Prevalence Sports Supplements among Female Athletes. Sport Psychology Studies, 8(30), 57-76. In Persian.
42. Shamsaei, N. Ahmadian, N. (2020) Investigation of Psychological Relationship between the Level of Religiosity and Doping Susceptibility among Bodybuilding Athletes. Religion and Health, 8(1): 30-38. Persian.
43. Share'epoor, M., Kabiri, S., Rahmati, M.M., Riyahi, M. E. (2018). The process of social learning of the use of illicit energy substances (doping) among professional athletes, a study of social issues in Iran. A study of social issues in Iran, 9(2), 117-138.
44. Smith, J.L., Hardy, T., Arkin, R. (2009). When practice doesn’t make perfect: Effort expenditure as an active behavioral self-handicapping strategy. Research in Personality, 43(1), 95-98.
45. Soltan Ahmadi, T., Najafian, F., & Shahbazi, M. (2019). Effect of Attitude Towards Agonistic Sport on the Amount of Information about Doping and the Tendency to Doping Athletes of National Teams. Journal of Sport Psychology Studies, 28, 193-206. Persian.
46. Snyder, C. R. (2002). Hope theory: Rainbows in the mind. Psychological inquiry, 13(4), 249-275.
47. Snyder, C. R., Wrobleski, K. K., Parenteau, S. C., & Berg, C. J. (2004). Hope and hopelessness. Handbook of primary care psychology, New York: Oxford university press.
48. Taylor, P.J., Wood, A.M., Gooding, P., Tarrier, N. (2010). Appraisals and suicidality: The mediating role of defeat and entrapment. Archives of Suicide Research, 14(3), 236-247.
49. Todd, T. (1987). Anabolic Steroids: The Gremlins of Sport. Journal of Sport History, 14(1), 87-107.
50. Whitaker, L., Backhouse, S. (2017). Doping in sport: an analysis of sanctioned UK rugby union players between 2009 and 2015. Journal of sports sciences, 35(6), 1607-1613.
51. Whitaker, L., Backhouse, SH., Long, J. (2014). Reporting doping in sport: national level athletes' perceptions of their role in doping prevention. Scandinavian journal of medicine & science in sports, 24(6), 515-521.
52. Wusik, M.F., Axsom, D. (2016). Social Clinical Psychology, Socially Positive Behaviors as Self-Handicapping, Journal of Social and Clinical Psychology, 35(6), 494-509.
53. Yousefi, B., Naseri, A. (2019). Analysis of Iran's Sports Corruption Activities Using the TASP Model. Journal of Communication Management in Sports Media, 6(23), 70-80. In Persian
54. Yousefi, N., Shirbeygi, N. (2012). The Relationship between Acceptance in the Master's Degree Exam with Frustration and Self-Disability. Higher education in Iran, 4(4), 159-181. Persian
55. Zare'e, H., Mahboobi, T., Salimi, H. (2015). The Effect of cognitive education promoting hope on reducing procrastination and academic Self-handicapping of Payame Noor Buchan University students, education and evaluation. 8(32), 93-110. In Persian
56. Zimmerman, B. (2005). Orphan living situations in Malawi: A comparison of orphanages and foster homes. Review of Policy Research, 22(6), 881-917.